Tuesday, February 16, 2010

adrift


And so the little duckling strayed from the brood to wander the world behind...











I figured this was easier than trying to show an artist struggling to find inspiration.
But simple symbolism can be applied here. The brood is a collection of various high school seniors...

The ones heading towards the right are off to college in cookie-cutter fashion, "Oh, I applied to a bagillion different schools and scholarships and I'm on my way to be god-knows-what..."

The lone duckling on the left represents the senior headed into the work force. This one has the mindset, "I'm not going to bury myself in debt for a degree I don't even think I'll ever use AND just start attacking my dreams that much faster..." This senior can be seen as a free-spirit or go-getter to some and an almost pathetic dreamer to others.




“Life is either a daring adventure, or it is nothing.”
~ Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment