Monday, March 8, 2010

AngryWatercolor...

Ah, a piece that I loathed for a good while.

Started out with a figure contour using Sharpie with a RoundRobin idea with everyone. The figures that you see were four of about nine. The others are hidden under layers of gouache and gesso. And some are revived using india ink.

But this is a combination of the ink, watercolor, acrylic/gouache, gesso... I think that's it.

I splattered watercolor all over this thing. That red face on the bottom I just got mad at one day and just attacked it with splatters of stuff. I wanted to kill it... teehee. Irony? That's my face.

“There's no excuse to be bored. Sad, yes. Angry, yes. Depressed, yes. Crazy, yes. But there's no excuse for boredom, ever.”

--Viggo Mortensen

I was never bored... merely frustrated and at a loss at how to keep working this surface.

1 comment:

  1. This is very strong!! I think you work very well with these media...

    ReplyDelete